Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sleep, Sweet Sleep


Have you ever realized how precious sleep can be? I thought I knew how much I loved curling up into bed and getting a good 8 hour rest until we had Elise. Now I really can appreciate what it means to get a full night.

Last night I awoke with a start and realized Elise had been asleep for 6 hours! She wasn't stirring so once I checked to see she was still breathing, I rolled back over and drifted back to dreamland. She awoke for a feeding an hour later totaling 7 hours of glorious sleep. After many, many nights of feeding her every 3 hours, I think we are getting over the hump. I hope it wasn't a fluke.


Our first sleeping through the night took place on Feb 2, Groundhog Day. Maybe not only winter is coming to an end, but so are our sleepless nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment