Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day

 
Labor Day marks the end of summer for most. In Florida, we still have a long time before cool weather starts, but already I can see the days are getting shorter. Summer makes me think of lots of things, but I particularly love our basil plant. It survived last year due to our warm winter and although we do little to nothing to keep it alive, it has thrived. All I do is pinch the blooms when I see them  and it has turned into a huge bush. We never even took it from it's peat pot and planted it. We just let it grow into a larger pot. Funny how sometimes the things you pay the least attention to thrive the most.
 
 
Our Labor Day was pretty mellow. Our little mouse is now 4 weeks old and we couldn't be happier. We went back to 3 hours of sleep at night which was a bummer, but Brad and I just keep telling ourselves each day he gets a little older and we are closer to ending our sleepless nights. It is hard to do much when he eats every 2 hours, so we went to Grandma and Grandpa's and went swimming. Well, Elise swam and we all laughed at her antics. That little girl is amazing, I can't wait to see who Jacob becomes.
 
 
How was your day? Did you do anything to mark the end of your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment