Friday, June 29, 2012

Harbor Freight Spinning Rack

So, I was inspired to purchase a spinning rack through Harbor Freight when I saw this post on the message boards at Studio Calico- a place I go for scrapbook supplies and inspiration. I had such fun filling and decorating it that I thought I would show some pictures I took of it.


Here is the whole piece on display. It is hard to see in this picture, but I alternated aqua and white spray paint and used washi around the edges.


Once I had it painted it was time to fill it! Mister Hueys on top with wood veneers beneath. On the other side of the veneers is some of my fiber collection. You can see it in the picture below.


Then we have my washi tape- the most amazing innovation! I use it for everything including hanging artwork, wrapping presents, bandaiding a cut finger and I have been known to use it to help stake up a drooping plant. Shh.


A humming bird nest I found in the yard the other day. This won't be its final resting place, but it is a great spot to admire it until I find a bell jar or something. It is amazingly tiny and beautiful. It has moss around the outside creating a protective barrier. Did you know some hummingbirds use spiderwebs to get that moss to stay on? This one did and it is really cool. I need to really photograph it to show its detail. Nature is really the best artist isnt it? 


Old vintage meatallic thread. My new obsession. I just got twelve (12!!!) more in the mail yesterday. I love that stuff!!


More Hueys. I love splashes of color!

Hope you enjoyed my tour of my rack. I loved peeking at what all the other girls had done with theirs and even more about what treasures they had put in inside it!

No comments:

Post a Comment