Sunday, June 24, 2012

Some new pieces!

I have been working furiously in my studio making some new pieces. I am convinced that my "nesting" instincts come in the form of creativity instead of cleaning. I mean I guess I clean too, but I swear I did the same thing when pregnant with Elise. I had this rush of new ideas and motivation and then she came along and it took me a long time to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully I can do it a little quicker this time! Anyway, here are a couple of things I just listed on in my etsy shop
I found these little "pocket shrines" that used to have religious statues in them. I removed the statues (to be used in a future project) and resined in some crystals.

A vintage watch face that has a quartz point wrapped in antique metallic thread on top of a vintage picture (I think) of the Brooklyn Bridge. It is awesomely see through- just a little bit.

A vintage pill box with a Victorian button on top of an old farm picture. I have been having fun with the idea of making a locket with something other than the traditional locket. Watch tins, pill boxes, old blush compacts- nothing is safe!
I hope you have enjoyed my look at some of my new ideas!



No comments:

Post a Comment