Monday, August 20, 2012

Tongue in Cheek

I have been loving this blog for some time and it just so happened that I was looking for some new papers for the backs of my bezels and various projects. Corey has an online brocante where she sells items she finds at flea markets and sales in France and I just received the most beautiful packet of papers from her. I was so excited I grabbed out my camera and took some shots. These papers are over a 100 years old and just gorgeous. The handwriting is amazing! I hope this is not too much of an image overload. I couldn't help myself.





Oh- and just in case you were wondering what that is in the background: Italian metallic crepe paper. I swoon!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you like the old documents as much as I do! I found some gold and silver metallic thread, on their wooden bobbins .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! That is what I am looking for! Let me know what I need to do to have those arrive at my door!
      Old paper and handwriting is just amazing. I cannot believe how beautiful it all is.

      Delete