Monday, October 8, 2012

Decorating Style

One time a brother of a friend came to our house for a party. He took one look at the baby doll head candles on my mantle and told me I was weird. I was hurt and a little embarrassed and until then I had been pretty proud of the technique I used to create those candles. I had been working on making candles from molds of vintage items and coloring them with bright colors. I had four heads on vintage teacup saucers lined up and I thought they looked pretty cool.

I guess not everyone gets my style. Especially around here. When I lived in Jacksonville I had some people to create and bounce ideas off of and I miss that living here. I definitely find I turn to the  blog world and pinterest to gain inspiration. Do you have people in your day to day life that inspire you?
 
 
Anyway, I was going through my supplies and found my stashed doll heads that I used for molds. I had placed them in an antique sewing drawer and when I pulled them out, I just thought they looked cool. Looking at them reminded me of that boy who thought I was weird and that I shouldn't care so much what others think.
 
 
So here they are. Would you think I was weird if you saw candles in the shape of these heads at my house?

 
If so, I think I am ok with that...

2 comments:

  1. I remember your baby head candles. They were so unexpected, but so very you. I love your blog, it's serene and inspiring. Keep on keepin' on.

    Peace and Harmony,
    HD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out Heather! I miss you guys up there in Jax! I don't have creative buddies down here...

      Delete