Monday, October 15, 2012

The Elusive Smile

I have determined that one of the most difficult things to catch on a baby is his first smiles. I'm not even talking about the absolute first- just the first several. I think it is because we are too busy cooing and excited that this little being is becoming a real person that we forget to grab a camera. Or the second we put that lens up to our face, we disappear and the baby has nothing to smile at! In any case, I have been trying to get Jacob to smile at my camera for weeks and I finally caught him smiling in his little bouncy chair the other day. This will have to do until I can get him to look directly at me and smile. Do you have any tricks?

 
First he smiled...

 
Then I moved in for the close up, and he stuck out his tongue. Anyway, how sweet are those first smiles? I don't know anyone who wouldn't melt at the sight of one...

No comments:

Post a Comment