Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hatching Ideas Part 2

I mentioned in a previous post that I was coming up with some new ideas. Well, here is the result of those ideas:
 
 
To tell you the truth, I am not sure how I feel about these. I like the way they turned out, but I am unsure of how they will be worn. Also, I wonder how they will handle being worn. They are each coated with 4+ layers of resin on the inside (which took entirely too much time) and you would think that would be enough to keep these fragile eggs together, but they are eggs. Maybe it is just a mental thing- that's why they need to be worn for a while to make sure they are durable.

 
The good thing about playing is that one idea turns into another and another and sometimes that second or third idea is brilliant.

 
That is sort of what happened when I started these. Not to say the other new idea is brilliant, but I think it is pretty neat.
 
 
The new pieces will be posted soon, I am just having fun working with and perfecting them right now. I love when inspiration hits. I just wish there were more hours in the day and I was getting more sleep at night.
 
Thanks for humoring me!

Oh, and if you want some absolutely beautiful quail eggs and the like, check out Egg Essentials. Gail was incredibly helpful and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment