Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Doll House Before

So, I was inspired on pinterest by this blog post on decorating your own doll house. Since I saw it a while ago I have been scouring antique and thrift stores for a good house. It had to be substantial since both Elise and Sophie will be playing with it, yet not huge because well, who wants a monster dollhouse in their living room? I finally found this at an antique store in Tarpon Springs a couple of weeks ago and I have been working on it furiously ever since. Please forgive the lighting and terrible quality in this picture, I cannot move it by myself and I couldnt wait for my husband to get home to help me. Plus if I told him I needed better lighting for a picture he would have killed me. I made him move it 3 times already...


It was made by a father for his daughter and it is now a bright white with blue trim and roof. It will need a base on wheels (thanks hubby) and lots of colorful wallpaper. I have been working on it furiously because I know that if I wait until Sophie is born I will never finish by Christmas. I have been walking around with white paint in my hair for days- do you have any idea how hard it is to paint the inside of a tiny house when you are almost 9 months pregnant? (for any of you wondering- I was using a non toxic paint)
More pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment